20110626 ;
6/26/2011 02:00:00 AM
PHOTOS OVERLOAD. Please do not blame me if your browser hangs. ^_^
And SOOOO I shall try blogging about my trip in Korea. Some memories are too precious and I'm afraid that I might forget about them. Blogging allows me to remember them better... I guess.
3rd June 2011
Everyone got up early at around 5.30am? Started preparing all those, Alan was late cause her alarm didn't work and after all the transit and everything, we managed to reach Seoul at 6.55pm (Korea Time). When I first stood at Incheon Airport, I was thinking "ZOMG THE COUNTRY I'VE BEEN DREAMING OF VISITING EVER SINCE I LOVE KOREAN CULTURE" It's been more than 5 years ever since I got into the culture and YES I'M IN KOFUCKINGREA.
A bunch of crazy girls getting excited cause we are in Korea
Yes I do speak Korean at home and I speak to myself all the time cause I've no Korean friends here. It was awkward for me to speak initially cause I thought I sounded really weird. Called our hostel Bong House, and zomg they told me they couldn't find my reservation. I've booked in February and I think his new system didn't really work well so....... Luckily there was a spare room, negotiated the price and headed to Sungkyunkwan University area for our first week of stay in Bong House!
Getting our bus tickets to our hostel.
The number of the bus we were waiting for.
Our hostel! Cool wallpaper!
Rested for a short while and proceed to Dongdaemun for our night! It was roughly 10pm-11pm when we reached Dongdaemun area though. The shopping areas were opened till around 5am.
Doota.
ZOMG Doota stuffs are really expensive like MAD. They sell Korean designers stuffs and things are really not too cheap. Was really intending to shop till late but everyone was getting tired and I was having a really bad headache, so we decided to head back to our hostel for the night. So much for the "midnight shopping"! Sorry girls :(
4th June 2011
Proceeded to a nearby restaurant at our area, ordered Jjajangmyeon and Don Katsu (I CAN HAVE A BOWL OF JJAJANGMYEON NOW), and headed to Gyeongbokgung!
JJAJANGMYEON I WANT YOU.
Hyehwa, the nearest station to our hostel. It's about 5-10 minutes walk away from our hostel.
Awesome photographer LOL
Took a shot of these boys cause I predicted the boy in the front to grow up fine in the future.
LOL ALAN BLOODY CUTE HERE.
Got really tired walking inGyeongbokgung after a while, Insadong was just nearby so we walked over for some shopping + sight-seeing.
Bought some hotdogs from here and it wasn't really good cause it was dipped into some sweet+spicy sauce (not really a fan of such sauce) and the guy on the top right corner was trying to figure out where we were from. It can be considered one first few conversations I had in Korean (the 1st one was at Dongdaemun was I was trying to haggle for lowest price). Told them we were from Singapore and they were surprised that we could actually speak Chinese as well. Most, actually all Koreans started speaking to us in English once we said we were from Singapore. I guess they didn't know about the "mother tongue language" system we had. I couldn't really said what I was thinking in my mind cause of my limited Korean vocabulary, but well one of the guys happened to speak Chinese so yeah...
At Anguk station which is just beside Insadong.
It's REALLY difficult to find a rubbish bin in Korea. I was getting a little vexed trying to find the rubbish bin and started complaining to my friends "WHERE THE HELL IS THE RUBBISH BIN?" Sensed someone looking at me, true enough I saw an auntie smiling at me and pointing to the back. Oops. Threw the stupid can faster than the speed of light and thanked her. "You, Beautiful!" HAHAH Aww auntie I knew that, thank you very much!
I was thinking that we might not have the chance to take photos in Hanbok but we managed to pass by this neoprint shop (Ssamziegil level 2) which offers free hanbok rental with each photoshoot at roughly 5000-7000won. Cheap cheap cheap!
The guy helper in the shop is friendly and he helped us out with the outfits. He's average looking but oh gosh I just love the clear and fair complexion most Korean guys have ZZZZZZZZZZ. Was speaking to him in Korean but I was still a little awkward with it. The shop was opened by his mum and I suggested we take a photo together since the 4 of us kinda clicked with him.
Yeah he don't really look good in this photo. Think he looked cuter in real life. Jingyi was saying we could see his belly but it's actually the belt that makes him look retarded! Oh sigh hahahahah
He was asking us to introduce friends to his shop, didn't manage to ask for his name cause it was a little awkward T.T
This caricature amazes me cause I find it really cute so I started snapping photos of the couple. After a while I realize that they were laughing and turning back while I was taking photos. Guessed they didn't want to be in the frame lol. Just looked at how pissed the lady was! But darn it's freaking cute urgh.
Sorry ah I Nichkhun fangirl.
TUNA KIMCHI STEW, COME I CAN EAT YOU NOW TOO.
Went back to our hostel area for the night, there was some clay bricks breaking game and apparently you could get some stuffed toy if you managed to break a certain number of bricks. Some guys were trying to win the toys for their girlfriends.
AND THEN WE SPOTTED THIS CUTE GUY BEHIND WAITING FOR A FRIEND. Photo doesn't do him justice, HE WAS REALLY CUTE. I was saying "1,2,3", pretending to take a photo of my friend but was trying to frame him in the background. I'm good with such stuffs LOL.
Early night, ciao.
5th June 2011
Itaewon in the morning! It was nothing much, I wouldn't go there again.
THIS IS BLOODY GOOD, I CAN HAVE LIKE 10 OF THIS SO LONG AS THE CREAM IS THERE.
Took a bus to Namsan Tower, went down the slope for like 20 minutes just because I suck at reading directions, head to cab up to the same area again. The taxi uncle attempted to cheat like few hundred won from us though T.T His reaction was epic, he didn't want to get back to us with the change and he hopped out of the cab immediately to open the door for us in the backseats. Tsktsktsk..
But well anyway, pretty Namsan Tower view!!! Couples overload. Sigh where's my partner.
Couple writing their notes on the "locks".
So I figured out that we should get the locks as well cause "OMG THIS IS THE NAMSAN LOCKS OF LOVE WE HAVE BEEN SEEING IN VARIETY SHOWS!!!" Locks were too small for us to write our stuffs and they sell only ugly locks, so we got some plastic flat heart for the 4 of us to write our wishes, and Alan bought a separate one for her and her boyfriend. If you want to place your lock here, please buy a pretty lock outside first before heading here! I can't really remember what I wrote, but I knew the first sentence was "FU SINGLE!" Sorry if I sounded desperate LOL oh well...
Then we took the "fastest elevator in i-dont-know-where" and were at the observatory tower. Killer views, but it would be better if the windows are cleaner :/
This Japanese guy was getting my attention cause he reminds me of Vanness Wu, figured out that he was really cute after looking at him for like maybe 26 times and I thought I should just make use of my talent again; taking photos of friends with cute guys in the back. Think he sensed that we were trying to take photo of him, but WHO CARES, I'M A BLOODY TOURIST.
Took (OMG I TYPED TOOKED INITIALLY) the fastest elevator down again, went to queue for our cable car down to Myeongdong area so we can take the cab/train back to our hostel.
Running Man casts were here few months ago goddamnnit.
And oh yeah we had the worst meal of our Korea trip, some awful Don Katsu near the cable car station. 8000won for a plate and it sucks. _|_ I rather have 8 cups of ramyun HELL SHIT.
Did I mentioned that we did no shopping for the first 3 days..? Okay just Etude House stuffs in Insadong, that's all :x
3 days with so many photos. I shall summarize like mad for the next post. Will continue later on!
Labels: korea, memories, vacation
seeking..