20110627 ;
6/27/2011 12:22:00 AM
13th June 2011
Cabbed to Gimpo Airport early in the morning and reached Jeju at 8.25am. Went to their Tourist Information Counter and spoke to this lady whose Chinese is rather limited. She's very helpful and friendly and there were some really funny conversations. I was trying to ask her where the Windmills are located at in Jeju, in Chinese it's known as 风车 (note the 'car' word in Chinese). She didn't really know what I was trying to say so I went to check out the Korean words for that in my dictionary app. She LOL-ed once she saw the words.
"I thought you were saying about a certain transport. OH I SEE!" Her reaction was hilarious, she found herself embarrassing hahaha.
And so she helped us out with the booking of the cab for the next day and it's around 120k for the whole day.
Cabbed to Yongduam Rock for our 1st sightseeing location.
That's the "Dragon Head" we are supposed to see.
Asked one of the kids here to take a polaroid photo for us, and that one kid asked another kid and the whole group of boys are LOOKING at us while we are taking photos. Guessed the kid didn't really know how to use a polaroid cause he looked flustered, and without saying 1,2,3 he snapped a photo immediately. Alan's first reaction; FUCK! LOL Omg the kid got damn shocked and looked at us, and his friends all started laughing. Could see that the boy was really stunned so I thought him "It's okay it's okay" but that didn't really help...
Before we left the kids saw us again and I could hear them speaking in Korean "Ahhh those ladies! The one who shouted "FUCK!" when we took a photo" HAHAHA OMG EMBARRASSING, TIME TO RUN.
Cabbed to Loveland next, talked a little with the taxi driver and he asked us if we are booking the cab for our next day. He offered us 80k and we agreed! Woohoo saved 40k yo meow meow.
Shall just post some photos on Loveland.. 19+ yo ahem
OOPS
Cabbed AGAIN to Hallasan for our mountain climbing. Taxi uncle sent us to Yeongsil Trail, the shortest trail. Takes around 1 and a half hour to reach the peak. Climbing starts!
My stamina SUCKS. Climbed for a while and I felt like I'm dying urgh. I think I have the stamina of a 30 years old lady :( Wore nyonya-liked sandals and it felt dangerous while I got higher. Everyone were in sportshoes EXCEPT FOR ME. Lots of people were commenting about my shoes like "Why did you wear this pair of shoes for climbing?" :( :( I didn't know it's that tough........
But anyway, a Ahjumma was making her way down and she saw me in my shoes. She came over to grab my hands and started saying "Haiyo it's okay for you to climb up now but it will be tough when you are coming down later.... How? Please take care" patted my hands and back and went back down again. Stood there and couldn't react LOL what a random encounter!
We got REALLY high but didn't go all the way up to the peak cause we were seriously dying already. Rested at the restpoint, the view is enough to kill us!
Our resting point.
This kid randomly walked in front of us and started sitting on the ropes. His family was behind so I asked him to sit beside me. "Look at the camera there, 1, 2, 3!" And again, I showed the peace sign and he raised up his hand after mine. Hahahhaha cute Byungchul!
His family came and we asked his mum to take a photo of us.
I want to ride on the fluffy clouds.
We took like half of the time to reach the entrance and decided to take the cab down. The cab drivers all were out to cheat our money so we decided to walk down the roads to the bus stop or whatever. Sat at some toilet area to drink first and we saw some guys in a van. One particular guy was looking at us while we sat there and I seriously had the thought to ask them if they could give us a lift.
Me: "Hey.. do you think we should ask the guys to give us a lift?"
Alan: "Siao ah, they offer you dare to sit meh!!!"
Like what I said, Koreans do look unfriendly so I was thinking ah.. better not. So yeah we walked down the roads.
Walked for a while and saw a van passing by us. "PLEASE HELP USSSSSS" but the van just passed by. After a while we saw the van we saw earlier on driving down. The driver was looking at us and I think all four of us gave the same expression..
The driver looked at us, and signaled us to board his van. ZOO OH MY GOD YES HELL HOLY BOM BI BI YES WE ARE SAVED!!!
WE WERE DAMN BLOODY GLAD so we were bowing and thanking them before we boarded the van. It was messy but it was big enough to fit the 4 of us. There was another Gwangjoo guy in the van who was a tourist as well, only found out about that when we reached the bus stop.
Driver: "You girls didn't take the cab cause it was too expensive right?"
Me: "Yes!!!! Thank you so much seriously!"
Hahahah they knew it! Our pathetic looks helped ASSARABIYA. Started offering food and snacks cause we were really really glad to be in a van instead of walking down.
It took us around 30-40 minutes to reach the bus stop OH MY GOD. There were a lot of curves as well. Can you imagine what will happened to us if we really walked down....?? Omg we are a bunch of lucky girls, I love such fate.
The guy on the right was the one I saw before we walked down the roads.
Reached the bus stop and the uncle told us he had to let us alight here. Before he left he said..
"BEAUTIFUL JEJU!!"
YES BEAUTIFUL JEJU! THANK YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE!
Waited for bus to Seogwipo area with this old couple, nice people again. The uncle was helping us to communicate with 2 bus drivers and we managed to reach our hostel after shopping at E-mart (omg seaweed lolol).
Arrived at Jeju Hiking Inn. The owner obviously is a very impatient guy, nice overall but his tone sounds sarcastic at times. His attitude is really different when he's talking to us and the Americans. Damn.....
But anyway Jeju Hiking Inn is the worst hostel I've been to, flies on the bed and smelly toilet. People who read this blog, please don't visit this hostel. Do not recommend this hostel at all even though the hostel guy is quite nice *Ahem*
Dinner at this black pork BBQ restaurant, LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.
Tango-ed my mum and cried a little cause I missed my family + Jeju Hiking Inn's dirtiness made me miss my house even more. Now my brothers are making this the joke of the 2011 and they even spread it to all my relatives. Fuck it, shall avoid them as much as possible lol.
Day 2 of Jeju trip shall continue again! USS with Alan, her bf, Ei and Min later on. Shit I've not decided what I should wear zzzzz
seeking..