20110622 ;
6/22/2011 12:17:00 PM
Damn awkward to be blogging after disappearing for almost a year. Just got back from Korea and I want to blog before my memories fade. I need to edit my photos but let me just mention some things I've concluded from the trip.

1. People have been telling me that Korea doesn't have good looking guys/girls on the street. Now I just want to dig them out and hang them upside down. WHAT-THE-HELL. Tall and cute guys are like everywhere and almost everyone is trendy.

2. Koreans don't have the habits of saying "Excuse Me". Okay I probably heard like less than 5 people saying "Excuse Me" during my 18 days trip. 3-4 of them were salespeople. They will just push you when you're in front of them, or simply stand behind you giving you the pressure. Couldn't get used to that initially cause I HATED people who push to get their ways around, but oh well you just do the same to them and they wouldn't mind at all. So yeah, fair enough.

3. Koreans are impressed if you can speak their language. In fact I think they are nicer if you can communicate with them in Korean.

4. If you speak Chinese, they will classify you as "China people". When you say you're from Singapore, they speak English to you immediately. Most Koreans think Singaporeans speak English only.

5. I'm not too sure about this but Koreans are quite "touchy". Salesmen can just put his hands on your shoulders or even pat your back when you leave the shop. I have never experienced that in Singapore..

6. Korean guys SPIT on the streets like nobody's business. Something I can never get used to.

7. Most Korean girls retouch their makeup once they finished their food in the restaurants. It's a funny scene when you see all friends looking into their own mirror pacts and applying the powder at the same time lol.

8. There are A LOTTT of couples in Korea. Guys are comfortable with holding girls' handbags and they can pose alone for their girlfriends' cameras. They are also comfortable with showing PDA.

9. Koreans eat A LOT. Me and my 3 other friends were trying to finish our food (Average portion, stated suitable for 2-3 people) and were freaking full after eating the food with 2 bowls of rice. There were 2 ladies sitting beside us, ordered the same portion and managed to finish it with 1 bowl of rice each. When I say "finish", the ingredients are mostly cleared, including the gravy. And most importantly, THEY ARE SLIM. HOW DID THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE.

Can't think of other stuffs now, I'm like falling asleep while typing all these. Shall upload my photos in the next post. TILL THEN.


KOREA I MISS YOU :(


seeking..


la femme ;
♡♡♡♡♡♡

spread the love ;
♡♡♡♡♡♡

tagboard ;

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
exits ;
My Cyworld

ASIANPOPPINMUFFINS (For all your Kpop needs)

KOREAN APPARELS

kudos to you;
designer | kathleen
Yaqi Zhuang

Create Your Badge

so yesterdays ;
2006.04
2006.05
2006.06
2006.07
2006.08
2006.09
2006.10
2006.11
2006.12
2007.01
2007.02
2007.03
2007.04
2007.05
2007.06
2007.07
2007.08
2007.09
2007.10
2007.11
2007.12
2008.01
2008.02
2008.03
2008.04
2008.05
2008.06
2008.07
2008.08
2008.09
2008.10
2008.11
2008.12
2009.01
2009.02
2009.03
2009.04
2009.05
2009.06
2009.07
2009.08
2009.09
2009.10
2009.11
2009.12
2010.02
2010.03
2010.04
2010.08
2011.06
2011.07

Free Site Counters
Free Site Counters


Locations of visitors to this page