20100324 ;
3/24/2010 05:59:00 PM
Because I'm feeling so vexed now I need to rant it out.

Few months ago my brother and I headed over to the Jurong Point M1 shop to upgrade his line so that we could get a new phone. We asked the shop manager there when our mum's handphone contract will be up and the sales person told us it was end of February 2010. We confirmed several times with the salesperson and he said "Yeap the 2 years contract will end next year February" “明年二月就完了。对 明年二月” (we went to the shop last year)

I needed a new phone in March this year and thinking that our contract has ended, me and my mum headed straight to the Jurong Point Singtel shop to get a new line and canceled our M1 line. Few weeks have passed and the M1 bill came. We had to pay an extra $300 for terminating our line before the contract ends.

We were so freaking amazed so we decided to call M1 service line to ask what was happening. They told us that my mum's line will only end in May.



....



Like Hello WHAT???? MAY? My brother and I asked the sales person several times "February? End of February?" and which part of F-E-B-R-U-A-R-Y sounds like M-A-Y to you??? Of course we heard it clearly that it was February!

My family is not rich and we cannot just let this pass by by paying that $300. $300 is a lot considered that our financial situation is not good at all. It might be our fault that we didn't check this properly because we believed what we were told and we proceeded to cancel our M1 line to get a new Singtel line. And we are not that stupid to terminate a line that is going to end in 2 months' time just to get a new phone.

Furthermore when my brother told the person over the service line that we heard that the line will end by the end of February, he/she simply replied "I think you hear wrongly". Why can't it be the salespeople SAYING IT WRONGLY? There were 2 people at the counter serving us that time. 2 people were listening and 1 person was saying so the chances of him saying it wrongly is definitely higher than 2 people hearing it wrongly.

I'm not saying that I'm not willing to pay the cost of fees charged for terminating the line but is it worth $300? YES IT IS OUR FAULT FOR CANCELING THE LINE BEFORE THE CONTRACT ENDS. But is it just solely our fault for doing so? What is M1 doing by saying "I think you hear wrongly". So are they trying to push the blame to us when it was the sales person who got the information to us wrongly? Why are we supposed to pay $300 when it's not our fault purely in the first place??? Our contract will end in May and we wouldn't mind waiting till then to get a new phone. AND YES IT IS OUR FAULT FOR NOT CHECKING IT AGAIN. This is because we thought that the salesperson will definitely be accurate and we didn't doubt his words!!

Maybe I should suggest to the M1 people to check the CCTV video they have in the Jurong Point M1 store and sees if the salesperson said FEBRUARY "ER YUE" or MAY "WU YUE". Well most likely they are not going to care about this but I do not feel good if they are accusing us simply by saying "I THINK YOU HEAR WRONGLY" Why are we responsible for the salesperson's mistake!





ARGH heading over to Bukit Batok's M1 shop tomorrow to clarify everything.


seeking..


la femme ;
♡♡♡♡♡♡

spread the love ;
♡♡♡♡♡♡

tagboard ;

Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
exits ;
My Cyworld

ASIANPOPPINMUFFINS (For all your Kpop needs)

KOREAN APPARELS

kudos to you;
designer | kathleen
Yaqi Zhuang

Create Your Badge

so yesterdays ;
2006.04
2006.05
2006.06
2006.07
2006.08
2006.09
2006.10
2006.11
2006.12
2007.01
2007.02
2007.03
2007.04
2007.05
2007.06
2007.07
2007.08
2007.09
2007.10
2007.11
2007.12
2008.01
2008.02
2008.03
2008.04
2008.05
2008.06
2008.07
2008.08
2008.09
2008.10
2008.11
2008.12
2009.01
2009.02
2009.03
2009.04
2009.05
2009.06
2009.07
2009.08
2009.09
2009.10
2009.11
2009.12
2010.02
2010.03
2010.04
2010.08
2011.06
2011.07

Free Site Counters
Free Site Counters


Locations of visitors to this page